Monday, December 28, 2009

STASH STAPLE: Avon Simply Pretty Shine No More Dual Powder Foundation

Since we met two months ago, I’ve been so in love with Avon’s Simply Pretty Shine No More Dual Powder Foundation. I’ve been using it almost every day since I rushed to our local Avon outlet and purchased it. This foundie had been raved about so much in GT and even gorgeous Khimmy declared it a great dupe for the MAC Studio Fix Pressed Foundation. I use my Everyday Minerals flat top brush to apply this as a finishing powder for my liquid foundation of the day.
Item Blurb:
Avon Shine No More
Dual Powder Foundation SPF 13
Light Beige
Put shine on hold while protecting and keeping your face fresh and clean.
 
Special micro-powders absorb shine while wet/dry formula allows you to control its coverage for a fresh, clean look.  SPF 13 helps shield skin from damaging UVA/UVB rays. Oil free. Dermatologist-tested. Clinically tested. Non-comedogenic and non-acnegenic. Made especially for Asian women.


What’s to Like about it:
· It provides great coverage especially when applied wet. In fact, even with dry application, it is able to cover the freckles near my cheekbones well.
· It is great at controlling oil. Ever since I started to use this, I don’t blot as often as I used to.
· Powder is unscented which is a plus especially for those who are really sensitive with fragranced products.
· It has SPF. Albeit the SPF is low, this is better than having none at all.
· I like that its packaging includes two compartments, one for the powder and another for the sponge. I like how this is designed as I think it is more hygienic this way.
· Really affordable. Retails at around Php 250. You’ll get it at an even lesser price when it goes on sale.

What’s Not to Like about it:
· It comes only in three available shades namely; Light Beige, Natural and Almond. You might not be able to find one that suits your skin tone perfectly.

So, get one for yourself. It’s a win-win situation, anyway. If it suits you then you are able to find a great everyday foundation. If it would not, it would not hurt so much since this is really cheap.

Ciao!

1 comments:

Miss Shopcoholic said...

i really love this inexpensive foundie! glad you like it too.. =)