Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Stash Staple: Maybelline Clear Smooth Extra Shine Free Powder Foundation

I have always associated price with quality. This is the reason why I work my butt off to be able to afford pricier make up items. As what my colleague would always say, our face deserves only the best products that we can afford. While this had always been my mindset, I would always feel ecstatic when I find items that work without breaking the bank.
One of the cheap thrills I discovered is the Maybelline Clear Smooth Extra Powder Foundation. I have been reading raves about this online but I was not compelled to purchase it until I read about Rissa Mananquil recommending this on her weekly Phil. Star column. She said that this is one of the best-kept secrets of runway makeup artists. She shared that she started buying this when one of the makeup artists used this on her for a retouch.
Maybelline New York Clear Smooth Extra Shine Free Powder Foundation in Natural

What I like about it:
  • Very easy on the wallet at only Php 349. Even if I would retouch countless times, I won’t feel bad because this is so affordable.
  • Accessible as it is available in all beauty sections of department stores nationwide. 
  • I love the baby blue shade of the packaging. 
  • Has SPF 20 
  • Comes with a mirror and a sponge making it very travel-friendly
  • Can be used wet or dry 
  • Very effective in hiding the freckles on top of my cheeks 
  • Good at keeping oils at bay especially when applied wet
What I don’t like about it:
  • Packaging does not look elegant. I find the casing of Avon’s pressed powders more attractive than this
  • Available shades are limited
  • Tends to cake especially when applied wet 
  • As I am acidic, this darkens on me two to three hours after I apply it 
  • It does not have a separate compartment where a used sponge or latex applicator can be placed 
Thanks ladies! 

0 comments: