Monday, April 25, 2011

Eye Candy: Milani Quads

To those in the know, Milani stands out as one of the better drugstore brands in the US. It's not as heavily promoted worldwide as Revlon or Maybelline but their products are definitely worth keeping (especially if you are the sort who would NOT want to break the bank just for MAKEUP!) Among the brand's most popular products would have to be the eyeshadows. I discovered this because an online friend gave me a Milani eyeshadow quad palette as freebie for something I purchased from her. It was then when I learned how great these are. In fact, many of these eyeshadows (esp. the single e/s) are identified as dupes of the more expensive MAC e/s. Yes, they are that pigmented and vibrant!
 
I was so satisfied with THAT freebie that I got myself two other palettes. Hope I'd be able to score the other palettes too. I swear after discovering Milani e/s, I never felt compelled again to buy another Revlon (which I find expensive in the Phils.) or Maybelline e/s quad.
I have the Earthly Delights (Top), Sedona Sunset (Bottom Left) and Autumn Earth (Bottom Right) palettes. I chose these because they had shades that will complement my usual work clothes.
 
 I was only able to take swatches of the Sedona Sunset palette though. I will work on getting swatches of the others as soon as time permits :P  In my opinion, this is a decent and practical neutral e/s palette.  It includes a highlighter, two shimmer eye shadows, and one with matte finish.
 
 
 
And did I mention that each of these are sold at only Php 140 in Ebay?! 
Tata! 

4 comments:

Pammy said...

I've been looking at those palettes on eBay for the longest time but still haven't gotten around to buying them even though the reviews are nice. I need to remind myself I should get at least one. Nice review, Ems. :P

Unknown said...

i've been wanting to buy this product on ebay. kaso I dunno if it's worth it. is it pigmented in person ba? :)

thanks for the swatches. :)

eMs said...

@ pammy, thanks! get kahit isa lang. it won't be that painful in case you would not like it kasi el cheapo.

@ kat, yes they are pigmented. AS IN. if only I had a better camera, you would probably be able to say that yourself. kahit isang gentle swipe lang, litaw na agad the shades :P

pusangkalye said...

sarap nung pangalan. nung nag-oopen palang ang page at naunang lumabas ang mga pics bago words---kala ko mga chocolates---naku---baka naman pag nilagay mo yan CHOCOLATE ang tingin ng bf or husband u sayo tas gusto kang lapain---joke.hahaha